As we continue to practice safe social distancing while we #stayathome this season, we have had plenty of time to experiment with new recipes on our TEC grills. Every meal and every occasion is the perfect time to get outside with the grill! From pancakes for breakfast to grilled peaches for our dessert, we’ve been having a wonderful time coming up with fun things to cook.
This week, we tried our hand with grilling a garnish for a handcrafted cocktail. We wanted to liven up our Pineapple Margarita recipe by adding in a punch of bold flavor with a grilled pineapple garnish. Turn up the heat on your TEC to get an excellent sear on your pineapple slices. A quick turn on the grill—about 4 minutes—is all this fruit needs in order to be ready to garnish your margarita.
Grilled Pineapple Margarita
- 1 pineapple, sliced into wedges & grilled
- 1 jalapeño pepper, sliced
- 3 cups pineapple juice, chilled
- 1 cup white or silver tequila
- 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
- Salt for the rim of your glass
- Mix together all liquid ingredients in your blender until well blended.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Salt the rims of your glasses by running lime wedges over the rim and dipping into salt.
- Pour your margarita mix over ice in the salt-rimmed glasses.
- Garnish with fresh jalapeños and your grilled pineapple.
- Serve & enjoy!
How are you using your TEC Grill to create a delicious handcrafted cocktail at home? We’d love to see! Be sure to tag us in your photos on social media using @tecgrills and #tecgrills. We’ll share our favorite photos to our stories!
Recipe Taken From TEC Grills Backyard Blog